The Backpacker magazine Editors' Choice award was bestowed upon the X-Pot in 2015 for its innovation, space-saving capability and functionality features. The real beauty of X-Cookware is its ability to collapse and nest neatly with other pieces in the series into a small disc that can easily slide into a backpack, canoe bag or camping box. An X-Pot forms the heart of your compact camp kitchen. Sized perfectly so X-Tableware will nest inside. Use for water-based cooking (not designed for frying or sautéing). Hard anodized 6063-T6 aluminum base conducts heat really well for outdoor gourmet cooking. Durable translucent strainer lid. Stainless steel ring embedded in the rim provides stability. BPA free, heat resistant silicone – built to EU food-grade standards.
CAN THE X POT...?
- Be used with a two-burner camp stove? Yes. The key is to keep the flame pattern of the burner inside the ring printed on the base of the pot (and keep the heat lower – the bases conduct heat really well).
- Be used with an induction stove? No. The X-Pot alloy base is not magnetic, so induction stoves won’t work. Caution is needed with high output radiant home/van stoves – the X-Pot can quickly boil dry if not watched.
- Be used on Domestic Stoves? Domestic stoves have a much higher output than backpacking stoves. If X-Cookware is used with a home stove, the flame setting should be kept low, and care should be taken to ensure that the pot does not boil dry.
- Be washed in a dishwasher? No. The caustic cleanser will damage the anodization.
WHAT TYPE OF POT SHOULD I CHOOSE?
1.4 liter: Just you
2.8 liter: Two teenage boys or three people
4.0 liter: Crew of 4 to 6
The compactness of the X-Cookware (with X-Bowls, X-Mugs, an X-Kettle and an X-Brew nested inside) is unrivaled and is great for backpacking or bicycle/motorcycle touring.
- BPA free, heat resistant silicone – built to EU food-grade standards
- Hard anodized 6063-T6 aluminum base conducts heat really well for outdoor gourmet cooking
- Durable translucent strainer lid
- Stainless steel ring embedded in the rim provides stability
- Three sizes available; perfect when cooking for one or for groups up to six people